Gotta love loopholes

>> Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I have discovered a loophole in the internet filters at my workplace. Though I am banned from most any social sites (i.e., Facebook, Livejournal, Xanga, etc...), I am NOT banned from Blogger. How this is possible is beyond me...because I'm pretty sure that this is just another place to blog. Not that I'm complaining. I'm glad I can use my lunchbreak every now and then to say hello.

Hello :)

Wednesdays are my favorite work days. We have a much more free, flexible schedule on these days...which enables me to get paperwork, observations, phonecalls, and other such things done. And it's also small group night! I wonder what Susan will make for dinner? Our hosts not only open their home to us all, but Susan (aka Superwoman) makes amazing dinners for us all. From scratch. I'm talking homemade rolls, homemade vodka sauce, homemade tomato soup...HOMEMADE. It's oh so nice. So maybe Wednesdays are my favorite weekdays. Factor in that Lost starts up again in January on Wednesdays and, yes, definitely my favorite weekday.

Speaking of TV shows, Nate and I have started watching ABC's Brothers & Sisters. What a great show! It tells the story of a family...Sally Field plays mom to 5 adult children, and the show just details the ins and outs of their lives. It's kinda hard to explain just how great the show is. If you're looking for a new show to watch, and are willing to give it at least 4-5 episodes, this one is my recommendation. Oh, one caveat: the show deals quite openly and boldy with gay issues (one of the children is gay), so if you that makes you uneasy, maybe steer clear. Though I have to say, it has made me at least acknowledge my own stereotypes and preconceived ideas about being gay...and has illuminated pride and judgement in my own heart. I am always grateful for any means that can challenge me and push me towards Christ.

I need to go. Final thought: I'm running a 15k in 3 days. At 8:30am. When it will, most likely, be below freezing. Insanity.

1 people also said...:

Anonymous December 20, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

yay! glad to read an update on you!! i love these kind of posts that just really show a day to day sarah :) thanks!!!

Soli Deo Gloria