Various & Sundry

>> Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A spike!
So this might seem a silly to blog about, but my BBT spiked to the highest it's ever been 4 days ago, and has continued to stay at high temps through today. I'm pretty excited...it seems Metformin might be doing the trick. Whether the outcome is a baby, a period, or just a new development in my path to fertility, I'm overall encouraged that my body seems to be responding positively to the treatment plan I'm following.

The light at the end of the tunnel
Nate's dissertation defense date was set yesterday -- the plan is that he will present his research to his committee and then do an oral defense the morning of June 4th. Wahoo!! He would tell you that the light seems more like a oncoming train than anything else right now...so pray that he can continue to make progress and feel an overwhelming peace about it all.

Coldplay
It is T-5 days until we get to see Coldplay, live in Atlanta. It will be an amazing show, I am sure. Made even better by the fact that our good friends are coming into town so we can all go together :)

Food, Inc.
I am excited to see this movie...perhaps because I am currently reading The Omnivore's Dilemma and am absolutely fascinated -- in good and bad ways -- by its content.

Ebb & Flow
I am on the verge of another life transition, and find myself experiencing alternating emotions of excitement and glee, sadness and loneliness. We are moving, friends are moving. I no longer have the naive expectations that I had when I graduated college...that friendships would remain, and last, through time and distance. Don't get me wrong, I think friendships can, and do, last...despite all the things in life that might get in the way. But they are altered, and right now I don't want that. I like my friendships the way they are, thank you very much. I like weekly visits, and random hang outs, and living in community...I don't want to trade them for intermittent phonecalls and pictures over email or facebook.

But I know that a new community, new friendships, will come soon. And I trust that the relationships I have formed in this season will play out in His good, perfect plan. He does know best, after all.


1 people also said...:

Anonymous June 5, 2009 at 11:55 AM  

yay a spike!!! yay!!!

sad about your leaving this summer..we don't hang out nearly enough!!!

Soli Deo Gloria