My current thoughts...in no apparent order

>> Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Regarding our future residence:
I wonder what it would be like to live in East Orange, NJ? Or Fort Collins, CO? Or University Park, PA? Or Boone, NC? Or Columbia, SC? Or somewhere in FL? Will they have a city or small town "feel"? (I'm hoping for city.)

Regarding our future relationships:
Will be make friends, real and true and deep relationships? Will we be able to discuss our joys, but also our sorrows and sins? Will we find friends that we can share in the "baring of our souls, and the sharing of our most appalling secrets?"

Regarding our family:
Will God bless us with children? If so, what will that look like...because it already will look different than I've imaged it. Will the seeds of discord and strife that have been sown between us and my family yield anything beautiful? Will we ever move forward?

Regarding our future home:
Will we be able to own a home one day? Better yet, maybe even a bedframe?! Or a couch that is not only comfortable but also attractive?

Yes, these are some of my thoughts. They actually flit in and out of my mind over the course of each week. Some are more heavy than others. And maybe this year will bring answers....I'll have to wait and see.

4 people also said...:

JDRichSLP January 6, 2009 at 7:40 PM  

Well, if you live in Columbia, I can guarantee real relationships...and we're living downtown for the active and city feel...and we're getting rid of a couch... ;)
I'm not making light of your thoughts, believe me, I've been where you are, and I understand the musings completely. Just know that I am here if you need me, and that God is big enough for anything that you have to express to him...and He will lead you where you need to be
Love ya - Jess

Kels January 7, 2009 at 8:30 AM  

I totally understand how you feel. And it seems like when one of those questions is answered, it produces at least three more questions.

Just know that we are still praying for y'all and thinking of you a lot. We miss the Thoms terribly!

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 4:46 PM  

i am praying for your answers to come in His perfect timing and for your patience as you wait on Him. :) it is painful sometimes, i know!

L Musgrove January 20, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

So glad to have found your blog sweet Sarah! I would love to catch up w/ you sometime - I have been praying for you ... when by God's grace I remember to pray for someone other than myself!! :)
Moving though?! What have I missed?! Love to you - linda :)

Soli Deo Gloria