A few changes

>> Friday, February 13, 2009

I love playing around with the "technical" side of having a blog. If you haven't noticed, I FINALLY figured out how to make the margins of this blog more narrow. You have no idea how many times I have searched and searched for some help on how to do that. Yay for figuring it out, thanks to the wisdom and talent of this woman.

It's Valentine's Day eve. I have plans to wisk Nate away from work in the morning to eat breakfast and drink coffee on the lawn up near the law library at UGA, near where we got engaged. Nothing fancy, but that's how we do it. I'm not expecting much from him, he's not into being "forced" to be romantic. Neither am I, mind you, but I don't mind a day where it's acceptable to be a little over the top. It's fun :)

I found this guide today regarding scripture memorization, I'm slightly excited about it. I've never been successful with this discipline. In fact, I pretty much have stopped attempting it. Which makes me sad, because I think it would be pretty neat to have scripture stored in my mind, shaping my thoughts, tempering my sinful self, reminding me of truth, of the Gospel. I'm leaning towards working on Galatians, Ephesians, or 1st or 2nd Peter.

Do you memorize scripture? Have any tips for me?

1 people also said...:

Anothermadhousewife February 13, 2009 at 9:10 PM  

Hey Sarah, The kids and I are working on Psalm 139. I don't have a system, except that I've offered them money. :)
And I've been giving them a handful of Skittles for each verse or 2 if they can say it to me on Friday.

Soli Deo Gloria